Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Julie and Julia

I loved this movie. Never mind that I think Meryl Streep is the greatest living actor of all (for GOOD reason). I also love Amy Adams. The duo were amazing in DOUBT and it was cool to see them in a movie together, although I'm sure they never crossed paths until opening night on the red carpet.

I like to cook, so it was fun on that level. It was cool to see Julie Child's tenacity and ability to force her way into a place she really had no reason to occupy (French Chef and Writer). I loved the way her relationship with her husband was portrayed.

I didn't really buy the "marital crises" that Julia experienced from doing her cooking blog. I mean, the husband was feeling neglected and abused over a little stress and a few hours here and there when she spent time writing? Man-up, wuss. Sheesh.

It has made me want to start cooking again. Real cooking, not just making meals that kids will actually eat. No time now though. Someday maybe.

2 comments:

Applesauce Joce said...

hahaha Awesome.

Unknown said...

This was a great movie, and prompted me to buy Julie's cook books and try them out. She wrote it in a weird style, not updated like with pictures and everything, but it's good. And when she uses wine, she uses a whole bottle. Not just a cup. :)