Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Bubba at Dizzyland






Here is Gidian kickin' it in Disneyland. If you can tell me what ride this is, I'll give you a shiny quarter... and a kick in the pants for knowing Disneyland too well.

It was Disneyland's 50th Anniversary, so there was some cool decorations and an out-of-this-world firework show: Julie Andrews narrated, Walt added some thoughts. They went through several movies and Disneyland rides, complete with a pirate battle over the castle and Tinkerbell cruising in on a guide wire and zapping the castle with her wand and finally a shooting star.

Since I was stuck in Southern California on 3 audits for two weeks, including weekends, B'Andra just bought an annual pass to Disneyland and went 7 days out of 9. I think Gidian got a little tired of it, but learned to love some of the rides: Whinney the Pooh, Small World, Pirates of the Caribbean.

I went twice and really took things easy and really curtailed B'Andra's death-march style amusement park routine. But she was OK with it, knowing she had a full week to keep coming back.

I enjoyed Tom Sawyer's island. First time going there. Gidian loved it, which is what made it fun. Ditto for Tarzan's Tree-house, which apparently used to be Swiss Family Robinson's Tree-house.

The great thing about Disneyland is most of the rides are for children. This can be a boring downer when you are an adrenaline junkie, but if you are a middle aged, car-sick-plagued wimp like me, it is just right. Well Gidian makes it fun. B'Andra makes it fun too. She knows the park better than anyone I know.


5 comments:

CJ's Rant said...

A day in the magic kingdom is liken to a fortnight. Seven actual days are the realm of a freaking lunatic. Even a mere child will grow weary of the wimiscal booshit short of two full days. The advent of further exploration will require chemicals in the form of Zanax or PCB. I say good day.

CJ's Rant said...

After re-reading my off the cuff and loose remarks regarding Dizneeland I realized I might have implied that my dear sister in law B'Andra is a "freaking lunatic" or on PCB or Zanax this was not my intent sorry B. Next time take Lisa she could do seven days too and she is PCB free.

Unknown said...

Way to go, wisenheimer!

CJ's Rant said...

OK people it is PCP not PCB. I am not "street wise" I am a sheltered "pretty boy". Sorry I tried to legitamize your blog by my witty parlance.

Boo said...

The Ride is Itsa small world I know because its a boat and the building is sorta bluish.